Society is now more than ever conscious about the effect we are having on the environment. It is therefore up to businesses to embrace best eco-friendly practices and look to the future. Here, we’ve listed some easy eco-friendly processes to implement to make your business more environmentally friendly. From embracing reusable enviro shopping bags to reducing the wastage caused by staff, you won’t want to miss our tips:
- Do what you can online- Rather than subscribing to an industry magazine that gets delivered every month, organise your subscriptions to be online and make sure that all subscriptions organised by employees are also delivered to their inbox rather than your businesses mail box.
- Switch everything off at the end of the day- Many people simply put their computer into sleep mode, but this doesn’t mean that it’s off. By turning off everything completely, switching it off at the power points you are making sure that you are minimising the total amount of power used.
- Re-use where possible- Encourage staff and lead by example by reusing the opposite side of old printing paper.
- Buy green products- This means everything from recycled toilet paper to recycled envelopes. Make sure all of your cleaning products are also not harmful to the environment and that wherever possible, you use environmentally friendly products. Encourage staff to do the same when purchasing items for the office.
- Get your staff involved- It’s a great idea if you really want to position your company as environmentally friendly to get your staff to participate in a tree planting day or fund raise for a charity.
- Have someone in charge of organising car pools to work- If you are located somewhere where people are driving to and from work each day it’s a good idea to organise car pools to cut down on emissions as well as the costs of fuel for your staff members.
- Giving employees a chance to work from home- If their job permits working remotely, it is a good idea to give staff the chance once a week or fortnight to work from home. This will not only save on fuel emissions, but also boost staff morale, giving them added flexibility.
- Give employees the chance to contribute- Going green should involve every staff member. Give employees the chance to submit ideas on how to make the office more eco-friendly and give out prizes for the most eco-friendly ideas.
- Choose the right materials for your promotional items- Make sure that all of your promotional items are made from environmentally friendly materials. For example, if you currently have your logo printed on paper bags, make sure they are made from recycled paper.
Making your business more eco-friendly is easy. By following a few steps you’ll not only be making your contribution to saving our environment but you’ll also be helping to empower your employees and reduce costs all at the same time.