Rubicon Technologies, LLC, a Kentucky-based software program firm specializing in waste and recycling, has created the Rubicon Institute, an initiative with a mission to “advance progressive, market-based coverage options to deal with the environmental and nationwide safety threats posed by waste.”
With waste issues rising, addressing financial and safety issues posed by waste is extra necessary than ever earlier than, Rubicon says.
According to the corporate, the Rubicon Institute brings a contemporary perspective to the sustainability dialog by consideration of financial alternatives round waste in rural and concrete communities and nationwide safety issues in house waste and digital waste.
“The pressing waste disaster impressed me to create Rubicon, the digital waste and recycling class creator,” says Nate Morris, chairman and CEO of Rubicon. “After greater than a decade of success decreasing the impression of waste and diverting waste from landfills, it’s time to flip our consideration to the bigger issues of waste with reference to our financial security and nationwide safety.”
The institute was based with the participation of advisory council members:
- Nate Morris, chairman and CEO of Rubicon;
- Ambassador Paula J. Dobriansky, former undersecretary of state for international affairs and professional in nationwide safety affairs;
- Secretary Michael Chertoff, co-founder and govt chairman of The Chertoff Group and former secretary of homeland safety;
- The Honorable Aurelia Skipwith Giacometto, CEO of the International Order of T. Roosevelt and former director of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service;
- David B. Rivkin, Esq., companion at Baker Hostetler LLP and former White House counsel’s workplace, Department of Energy and Department of Justice;
- The Honorable Mike Rogers, former member of Congress representing Michigan’s eighth Congressional District and chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence;
- And General Joseph L. Votel, a retired U.S. Army Four-Star officer and most not too long ago the commander of the U.S. Central Command – chargeable for U.S. and coalition navy operations within the Middle East, Levant and Central and South Asia.
“The dealing with of waste is a matter that impacts us all,” says Ambassador Dobriansky. “It is a privilege to be part of these distinguished and completed council members in tackling the challenges posed by waste on our society.”
The Institute’s first assembly was assist in April, concurrent with the Concordia Lexington Summit, at Rubicon’s international headquarters in Lexington, Kentucky. With its launch, the institute will concentrate on 4 essential areas: house waste, nationwide safety issues round waste, rural waste and concrete waste, and function the primary suppose tank devoted solely to fixing urgent issues round waste.
“Policy issues are finest solved by these closest to them and, with waste particularly, by specializing in bettering financial alternative alongside environmental outcomes,” says the institute’s govt director, Aubrey Vaughan Travis. “The exemplary advisory council, alongside our native enterprise and tutorial companions, will construct the Rubicon Institute into an American thought chief on all issues waste.”