KALISPELL, MONTANA – The Professional Outdoor Media Association’s (POMA) 2022 Pinnacle Award honorees had been introduced by Thomas MacAulay, throughout POMA’s sixteenth Annual Business Conference in Kalispell, MT. on Wednesday, June 15.
The Pinnacle Awards honor journalists for outstanding achievement in conventional out of doors sports-focused communications, together with writing, pictures/illustration/artwork, and broadcasting in addition to content material centered on wildlife conservation.
“The out of doors media and content material creators of our trade are paramount to speaking our message to the general public. The Pinnacle Awards are designed to focus on the very best of the very best inside the out of doors media, and we’re proud to current these awards to these people who’re a credit score to our trade,” stated POMA’s Executive Director, Thomas MacAulay.
2022 POMA PINNACLE AWARD WINNERS
- Winner – Matt Addington, “Moose Drool”, Federal Premium
- Outstanding Achievement – Matt Addington, “End of a Great Day”, Pheasants Forever
- Winner – Sue Tidwell, “Cries of the Savanna. An journey. An awakening. A jouney to understanding African wildlife conservation”, Amazon.com
- Outstanding Achievement – Herman Brune, “The Lost Rider & Friends”, Trips Publications
- Winner – Josh Honeycutt, “First Buck Ever”, Midwest Whitetail (YouTube)
- Outstanding Achievement – Tom Opre, “Mountain Thunder – The Merriam’s Wild Turkey”, NWTF conference/Facebook
- Winner – Tom Opre, “Killing the Shepherd”, Flathead Lake International Film Festival
- Outstanding Achievement – PJ DelHomme, “SOLD!”, Montana Outdoors
- Winner – Tyler Frantz, “Un-Bear-Lievable! A Lycoming County Hunting Camp’s 100-Bear Legacy”, Pennsylvania Game News
- Outstanding Achievement – Laura Evans, “Survivors, Not Victims”, Shooting Industry Magazine, May 2021
- Winner – John Jefferson, “Just an Old Cabin”, Clyde Journal
- Outstanding Achievement – Larry Whiteley, “The War. The Woods. The Family. The Story”, Share the Outdoors
To foster excellence in communications in any respect ranges, assist members construct their companies, join media and trade, promote truthful and trustworthy communication of the standard out of doors sports activities and conservation tales, and mentor the subsequent era of conventional out of doors sports activities communicators.